Review: Kobalt 40-volt Max Electric Lawn Mower
We bought this Kobalt 40-volt Electric Lawn Mower this spring and I like it. I have only used it three times so the review part is going to be short.
Assembly was easy and only took a few minutes. The battery was half-charged and only took a few minutes to fully charge. I have only used it three times to cut my front yard and it worked great.
Official Product Description
- Kobalt 40-volt cordless mower provides the power you need for up to 40 minutes runtime on a fully charged 5.0 Ah battery (battery and charger included)
- 3-in-1 feature offers mulching, rear bagging, or side discharge capabilities
- Kobalt 40v Mower with Brushless motor offers plenty of power and runtime for yards up to 1/2 acre
- 20-in steel deck for added durability; Easy start at the push of a button
- 7-position single lever height adjuster for the perfect cut on all grass types
- Compatible with Kobalt 40-Volt MAX family of products
- Stores vertically for more space in your garage
- 5.0 Ah battery and charger included
- 5-year limited warranty
How Does the Product Differ From the Competition?
We will update this review next year after we have used it for a year. However, our first impression is quite good. In comparison to other lawn mowers, this one comes with a 40-volt Li-ion battery that can be used on any of the Kobalt 40-volt tools. The battery life is 5 amp-hours, meaning it a run time of five hours. No electric cord and no gas is what sets this one apart from most other lawnmowers. You can also store it in a folded position reducing storage space needed.
What Are the Product’s Flaws?
The lawnmower works like a charm. I have not found any issues or even potential issues with this lawnmower but we will revisit this review after a year of use.
Who Is the Intended Target?
This lawnmower is made for the average homeowner. I do not think they intended it for contractors but with extra batteries, it could meet the needs of the average contractor. For my home, it’s the perfect size.
Where Can People Purchase the Product?
We bought our Kobalt 40-volt Electric Lawn Mower at Lows for $159.00 but we got it on sale, regular price is $299.00. You can also order it on Amazon for $419.99, not sure why it’s so expensive on Amazon.